Monday, May 30, 2005

First barbecue

I am breaking with my tradition of doing posts with pictures. That will be the arrangement until i get my camera fixed or i get another source of pictures.

On friday it was quite hot already here in The Netherlands, i don't remember the temperature but it easily could have been 30. It was tempted to have a beer outside or go to the lake near my home for a swim. Instead i managed to convince myself that it would be a good idea to work. That's what i did, i had a very nice dinner (charque de llama) and after that i started hacking on my type inferencer. At one AM i get fed up and decide to join the guys from Grote, a student house, for a drink. I met them at België, a bar that specializes in belgian beers. After one we left and i met a friend with which i used to work on a project, Hanga. Now she lives in Enschede so we used the time to catch up with each other's lives.

The next day was still hot but somewhat less, the cause was the wind, as is always in this crazy place. Well, we decide to go to the lake for a barbecue and we start rather late, at eight. It was fun and the weather was allright there. But at a certain time mosquitoes started bothering a lot, so much that i still have visible bites and they itch so badly! They were not afraid neither of the barbecue smoke or cigarette smoke. Someone dubbed the term smokytoes for them.

The next day i went to the swimming pool and swam intensively. Gar Yein came along and we spent the whole afternoon together. I helped her with a french interview, kind of translation. She prepared a nice chinese dinner and then it was time to sleep.

Today it was a good working day and i had a nice dinner too. There was "Eyes Wide Shut" on TV, i still didn't make up my mind on what the movie is about. I think it is about relationships, faithfulness and sex. The whole thing about the secret society might just be a metaphor. Anyway, if you want a decent critic for that movie google for it! That reminded me of a commentary about a book by Michel Houellebecq. I have the link in spanish. I like very much the exploration of the idea of sex as a differentiation system. I will eventually read this book, i only read Atomized by the same author.

It is time that i wash the dishes and perhaps read a little bit more before going to sleep. Good night all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the heck did you get llama meat to the dutch country? ;-)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Alexey said...

Ha ha! I got it from Oruro, many brands to choose from there! When this meat is nicely dried and packaged, it can last for six months.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home