Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Malaysia article

I was glad to find an article about Malaysia in El Deber. I don't often find articles about (in Bolivian terms) unusual countries in Bolivian newspapers. I enjoyed the personal insights that the journalist draws between the Bolivian and the Malaysian situation.

There are some similarities between the two countries. Both countries produced tin and rubber (introduced in Asia by the British). Both were colonies. And both are multiethnical countries.

Unfortunately the two countries did not develop at the same pace. One is an Asian tiger while the other is (still) a tiger cub :).

1 Comments:

Blogger McBudu said...

Well, I'm from Malaysia. I try to read the article but could not understand a word. One thing for sure a cub will grow into adult tiger, time will tell!

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home